Sunday, May 17, 2009

What we're really saying

When I have to stand around and polish cutlery until you finally decide to leave after paying the bill.

"Oh no that's fine, we have plenty to do anyway" is more like ...

..."I can't clock off until you leave and you're cutting into my drinking time"


When it takes me a while to greet a customer because a host screwed up.

"Sorry guys I was momentarily caught up in a minor crisis out the back. But you have my undivided attention from now on." is really...

..."Please don't hold me responsible for the fact that some sixteen year old idiot thought I was capable of getting a cake loaded with candles to a party of twenty whilst simultaneously greeting the four tables they just sat me with- at once"

To the regular customers (who don't tip) who demand the coffee arrive no more than five minutes before their desert.

"Not a problem, I will make sure they arrive together" is more like...


"Seeing as I make neither the coffee nor the dessert... and you have given me no incentive to care whether you get to sip your cappucino while stuffing lime pie in your face, I'm not even going to attempt to get them synchronised. And seeing as you never tip- I'm not going to apoligise "

This is a fun game

J

No comments:

Post a Comment